Our Work in Hampshire
Hampshire County Council and Community Energy South are providing support to establish new community energy groups and projects in Hampshire. We want to help new groups get up and running so that the county’s carbon emissions can be reduced and communities can benefit from locally owned renewable energy.
- Engaging with groups and individuals to establish the level of interest in community led energy projects and to find out what plans, ideas and skills are already in place.
- Developing guidance and training to provide support for new groups and projects.
- Identifying groups that could benefit from ‘first-steps’ business development support from Community Energy South.
- Identifying groups that could benefit from in-depth support to become incorporated, produce a business plan and submit a funding bid for a medium to large scale project.
To view presentations from our recent masterclass, please see below:
- Hants County Council local pathway to net zero, Michael Culver Hampshire County Council
- How to make rooftop solar work without subsidies, Noel Lambert & Chis Rigby, Big Solar Coop
- Getting Community buy in Alison Zarecky, Sustainable Overton
- Toolkit -Esco in a box Alex Rathmell, EnergyPro Ltd
- Finding Funding: from feasibility to delivery Nicola Davidson, Community Energy South
- Decarbonising Buildings Martin Heath BES
Watch the event webinar below: